Locating your lost property
For items lost on London Midland journeys that took place on any service that either started, ended or went through London Euston or Birmingham New Street, contact the Lost Property Customer Service team on 03300 240 215 or make an enquiry at lostproperty.org/
For items lost on any service which passes through Birmingham Snow Hill between Worcester, Stourbridge, Stratford Upon Avon and Dorridge please contact us.
For items lost when travelling on either the Abbey Line or Marston Vale Line please contact us.
Items may take up to 24 hours to reach the main lost property offices if found.
Lost property charges
There is a charge for the retrieval and storage of lost property. Charges are based on the type of article or period of time during which it has been stored before it is claimed. The following are maximum charges that London Midland can use for storage, retrieval and return of lost property. For storage charges, owners/finders must not be charged more than £1 per 24 hour period.
Charges for retrieval of lost property:
- Band A £20 charge: laptop computers, video cameras
- Band B £10 charge: mobile telephones
- Band C £3 charge: jewellery items, watches, cameras, cycles, clothing items, suitcases, rucksacks, briefcases, filofaxes, musical instruments, skis, surfboards
- Band D £2 charge: umbrellas, gloves/scarves/hats, spectacles, keys, reading books, prams/pushchairs, all other items
Charges for storage of lost property:
- £1 per 24 hour period: laptop computers, video cameras, mobile telephone, skis, surfboards, prams/pushchairs, cycles
- 50p per 24 hour period: Jewellery items, watches, cameras, clothing items, suitcases, rucksacks, briefcases, filofaxes, musical instruments, umbrellas, gloves/scarves/hats, spectacles, keys, reading books, all other items
To protect the owner/finder from incurring storage and retrieval charges out of proportion to the value of the item, the total charge must reflect the item value as follows:
- For items in Band A & B - total charge not to exceed £25
- For items in Band C - total charge not to exceed £15
- For items in Band D - total charge not to exceed £5
The charge for returning lost property to the owner/ finder (e.g. postage) is to be paid by the owner/finder and is in addition to the storage and retrieval charges.
The charge for refunding cash found to the owner is an administration charge of £2 minimum or 10% of the amount found, up to a maximum of £10.